Yes. Commercial brands with YouTube channels dedicated to promoting the brand (Peloton, Tesla, Ubisoft, etc.) and companies who primarily produce commercial content intended for theaters, television, or streaming services (Netflix, Disney, Sony Pictures, etc.) are not permitted access to purchase licenses with YouTube Creator Music.
Also, some videos that are not eligible to purchase licenses are:
- Videos where the YouTube creator was paid by a brand or service to make a video that primarily promotes that brand or service.
- Videos where the YouTube creator modifies your music. For example, creators cannot buy a license to use your music and then remix the song.
- Videos where the YouTube creator uses your name/likeness in it, besides just to mention you are the artist in the song.
- Videos that are a static image with the music playing or lyric videos.
- Videos that can be reasonably interpreted as being derogatory towards you as the artist of the song.