DistroKid can split earnings from any song or album, and automatically send those earnings to other DistroKid users. Add your collaborators, producers, bandmates, managers and more. We'll pay them directly, so you don't have to think about it. To get started, sign into DistroKid and click "Splits", or navigate to the album page you wish to setup a split on - halfway down there will be an option to create a split directly from your album page.
Some other cool things about Splits:
- You can change the splits any time.
- You can add or remove collaborators any time.
- You can go back in time and see any previous splits.
- For privacy, collaborators can only see what percentage they get. They can’t see who your other collaborators are, or what percentage other folks are getting.
- Your release won’t be delayed if your collaborator is slow to sign up. Instead, we’ll just hold the money for them until they join.
- If your collaborator never joins, you can easily cancel their invitation and earnings set aside for them will come back to you.
Note: Each collaborator will need to have a DistroKid account to collect their earnings. If they're not already using DistroKid, they'll get a 50% discount to sign up! If they don't want to sign up, you can even pay for the "Split subscription" ($10 per year) on your account, so that they can directly receive your earnings and all of the accounting is automatically done for you!
Until they accept your invitation, your collaborator's assigned split of the earnings will be held in DistroKid's bank. Once they accept and create an account, the held earnings will be available in their own Bank within 24 hours.
For a quick how-to on splitting earnings, check out this video: