"iTunes Instant Gratification" allows your fans to download a track from your pre-order release (instantly!) before its release date. Before you submit a request, please ensure your release is eligible for Instant Gratification Tracks. Some things to consider (from Apple's Style Guide):
- The sales start date must be at least one day in the future from pre-order start date you’re adding for the new instant-gratification track.
- All Instant-Gratification tracks or music videos must be cleared for sale in a pre-order territory, or they will not be available.
- The combined price of all Instant-Gratification tracks on an album must be lower than the album price by at least the price of one mid-tier song. (Clarification from DistroKid, this means you cannot enable Instant Gratification for more than 49% of the tracks on a given release).
To set this up:
- Upload your album to DistroKid
- Set a release date in the future (at least 4 weeks is highly recommended), and enable pre-order (how-to)
- After your album is uploaded and live in iTunes, fill out this form.
Please note, if you submit an edit request after you submit your request to set up Instant Gratification, your Instant Gratification request will be undone and you will need to resubmit your Instant Gratification request.